SMACNA-AB MEMBER ONLY SCHOLARSHIPS
The Sheet Metal Contractors Association of Alberta (“SMACNA-AB”) scholarships are designed to help our full member company employees achieve their apprenticeship as a sheet metal worker.
Eight (8) scholarships will be awarded to an employee registered in the Sheet Metal Worker apprenticeship program in Alberta, beginning with the April 2020 intake. The scholarship will apply to all years of apprenticeship study at any of Alberta’s accredited post-secondary institutions.
Eight (8) Five Hundred ($500.00) scholarships will be awarded to eight (8) applicants based on the following criteria:
- Applicant must be currently (at the time of submission and award) employed by a member company in good standing with SMACNA-AB
- Member company must apply on employees/students behalf either by mail or by email to [email protected]
- Member company must submit a letter of recommendation for the applicant
- Applicant must have attended sheet metal apprenticeship training and passed all provincial requirements set out in the Alberta Apprenticeship Program; a copy of the apprentices’ transcript must be included with the application.
- Applicant must have been enrolled in the apprenticeship training program in any of the intakes between April 2020 and February 2021.
- All applications must be submitted to SMACNA-AB by May 14, 2021.
- All scholarships will be presented at the two annual association golf tournaments held in Calgary on June 3 and Edmonton on June 17.
- Your application must be complete; incomplete applications will be automatically removed from the selection process.
A committee made up of SMACNA-AB members will select recipients. Recipients will be chosen based on employer recommendations and the successful completion of your apprenticeship training.
For more information, please contact the SMACNA-AB office (403) 250 7040 or email [email protected]